Monday, July 13, 2009

Ute Stampede 5K Race in Nephi, UT

This past week my sister, Nicole, and her family arrived from Texas. We are sooooo excited to have them here. Well Nicole talked my dad and I into running the Ute Stampede 5K race. Well ever since the Moab Half Marathon that I ran three years ago, I have not been a very "enthused" runner--I tend to stick to fast walking and Jillian Micaels workouts. Anyhow, we promised not to leave each other and we all ran together. It was actually OK. We finished the race in a little over 36 minutes and felt quite "accomplished". Now all you avid runners don't laugh, we did it for fun and not for the "competition." I got some shots of all three of us before, during, and after the race. (I should really say that Nicole was the one that remembered her camera, so thank you Nicole for helping catch these wonderful memories!!)

Before the race...


During the race...


Crossing the finish line "TOGETHER"...


After the race...


You will notice that all three of us pretty much color coordinate. That was NOT on purpose. Just goes to show you that "Great minds REALLY do think alike." It was a lot of fun and we are actually thinking about doing another 5K on the 25th of this month. You just never know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment