Friday, July 24, 2009

Mona 5K (yes we did it again)

After running the Ute Stampede 5k, the competitive spirit of the Smith side came out, and my dad, me, and my sister decided that we needed to run the Mona 5K and beat our previous time. I personally was a little worried because my dad and sister had been training together and they pretty much knew the route (the actual route ended up being better than what they originally thought). Also I had been in Fish Lake and only ran/walked once. However, I knew I could do it if they could. Justin also ended up running the 5K and kicked my trash. It really makes me mad that I work out all the time and at least attempt to run a couple of times a week and he does NOTHING and totally beats my time by like seven (yes I said 7), minutes. Good for him, but one day he will be 39 too. Unfortunately, the night before, we were playing a family wiffle ball game (later post) and Nicole turned her ankle. She was still a little sore the morning of the race but determined to run. However, part of the route included a dirt road and she twisted that same ankle in a rut--she was not able to finish. But bless her heart, a couple of days ago she ran the route just to prove that she could do it. (Smith competitiveness again) My dad and I both took FIRST (yes, I said 1st), place in our age divisions (not the overall race winners). Brayden and Baylee (Nicoles kids took third in their divisions). Justin ran a dang good race but was competing against half of the Nephi Cross Country team. We improved our time by almost 4 minutes--not bad for a 39 and 62 year old. Here are a lot of different moments of our 5K.

A few shots of Justin, my dad, and me running by my parents house (yes, it was on the route)

Justin looking like a runner...

Here we come...

Still coming...

Trying to convince Nicole to come back and join us...

And there we go...

A shot of all us runners (minus Baylee, she was running her 1 mile race)...

Dad and his two girls...

Me with my very FIRST ribbon EVER in running...

My dad getting HIS ribbon...

And finally a collage my sis put together of our combined races...

No comments:

Post a Comment