Sunday, August 2, 2009

Trevor Turns the BIG 13!!!

Wow, can you believe that we now have 2 teenagers in our house. Having your birthday on a Sunday is always hard but I think it is double hard when it is on Fast Sunday. I stole an idea from Aunt Rebecca for birthday mornings. She has gotten the birthday person a plate of a dozen doughnuts for their birthday breakfast. Well I wanted to start this tradition with the first KID birthday of the year in our family. Trevor was my first try and I was so bummed that it was fast Sunday. I still presented him with his dozen doughnuts and told him that he could wait until next week to fast so he could enjoy his doughnuts now. I had one of those moments as a mom when you think, "Wow, I am very impressed with my child." Trevor made an AWESOME decision not to eat until he had broken his fast, but he was sure happy to get home from church and enjoy a doughnut.

Trev with his tray of doughnuts...


The two boys enjoying the view...


The Only One That Got To Enjoy A Doughnut in The Morning...


Grandma Judy invited us down to her house for dinner and we had a nice roast, with corn on the cob, salad, jellos, and rolls. I asked Trevor what kind of cake he would like me to make him and he asked for THE MAMMOTH CHOCOLATE CAKE from Costco. (Got off easy on that one.) Well silly me forgot to take the camera to Grandma Judy's and I didn't get him blowing out the candles. But here is what is left of the cake--Jim and Traci and their family were also there to help eat this cake on steroids.


Happy Birthday Trevor, we couldn't imagine life with YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment