Monday, August 24, 2009

Trev and My Baby's (JJ) 1st Day of School

Today was the day that Trevor has been dreading and JJ has been waiting for, basically for the whole last month. I have mixed feelings. I am grateful that JJ is excited for school and that I have the morning to myself but yet it signifies a big phase in my life--JJ is no longer dependent solely on me. He was so excited this morning that he wanted to leave 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave. I just hope that this excitement continues but in a few weeeks I will probably be dragging him out of bed. Trev was very accomodating and let me take his picture with his brother and by himself. Trevor is starting his 8th grade year and JJ is of course in Kindergarten. John officially started school today also, and when I talked to him about 10:30 this morning, the day wasn't going so great. Justin does not start until Wednesday and is enjoying his last few days of freedom. He actually has a Riverton High Tournament today, and I am trying to occupy my time and thoughts so I don't get physically sick. Anyways here are the cute boys in what John calls their "Harry Potter" outfits.

The two boys together (I didn't notice Trev had his eyes closed WOOPS!!!)...

Handsome Trev...

Stinkin' Cute JJ...

Picture with Big Brother...

Mom with her baby boy...


When we got to school, Trevor took care of himself and I walked with JJ to his classroom. The teacher had them find their hooks for their coats and backpacks and it was a good thing I was there, because they had his name as Jayden W., and he only recognizes JJ, his desk was also that way so we let the teacher know that even though his given name is Jayden he is a JJ and that's how we want it to be in school.
Standing by his hook where he puts his backpack and coat...

Looking all official and ready for the school day to start...


It was so cute, because the teacher had them start coloring a bee while everyone was getting situated. JJ took the yellow and black crayon out of the box and started to work very intently on his bee. I was so proud!!!
Focusing hard on his coloring...

One last picture before I left...

No comments:

Post a Comment